[3830] ARRLDX SSB WA7AN(K9DR) SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 4 20:02:05 EST 2018

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: WA7AN
Operator(s): K9DR
Station: K9DR

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: AZ

  160:    4     3
   10:   25     8
-------------------
Total:  405   180  Total Score = 218,700

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Well, no Worked All Fred award for this contest.  Only worked KH7M on 4 bands.
Missed him on 80 and 160 meters.  With over 50% of the contacts on 20 meters, it
made me wishing for something bigger, antenna-wise, than my little Explorer 14
at 55'.  I did occasionally punch through the East Coast Wall, but it was
frustrating.  Won't comment on the propagation, because there wasn't much to
talk about.  SFI of 68? Don't remember numbers that low during any contest I've
operated in the past.  Undoubtedly there some during my 25 year hiatus from
contesting, but I didn't see them.  Chuck, the older I get, the more I dislike
SSB contests.  Get that CW speed up and you may soon agree that CW is the best
contest mode.