[3830] ARRLDX SSB IR4X(IT9RGY) SOSB/20 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 5 05:01:54 EST 2018

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: IR4X
Operator(s): IT9RGY
Station: IR4X

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

Total: 2313    61  Total Score = 423,279

Long comment necessary this time!

I expected big fight on 20m this year.
For what i know IR4X, IR1Y, IR6T, OM7M, DK3T, IO2X, 9A5Y (ALL these friends on
cqcontest.net !!) and others!
So basically was what I expected: a nice fight and I was happy to compete with
such friends!!

On friday night was everything ok with 2-Radios on same band.
I had some fun on 40m as IT9RGY just to test the setup. It was so fun that I
have done 2.5 hours. Pity I was too tired and I did not want to reduce the
performance on 20m next day.

Saturday:At the beginning I was able to get call-signs and find some new station
to work with Radio2, but when the band was wide open I was not able to get
callsigns in the "strange" pile up after my CQ. I tought It was just
my mistake and to be too tired and confused by the pile up and the crowded band.
A lot of stations tried to get my freq so I changed several times my run freq.

Sunday: same story as the first day BUT around 15z I figured out that Radio-1
was effected by some noise generated internaly!! Everything was clear when on my
run frequency 14250 I heard K3LR running as well but with a lower signal than
usual. He was clearly on 14150 so my radio was simply broken :(
When I started to use Radio-2 as primary radio everything changed and I started
to hadle properly the pile up. Finally I could do my best and overtaking the top
score on cqcontest.net
--> In Radio2 the Mic was not working properly so I am sorry for bad quality
emission. I reduced mic-gain and compressor as much as I could but I couldn't
understand what was wrong!

Anyway it has been a contest which I'll remember forever. Definitely "never
give up" is the motto for this match!

Last but not least, a big Thanks to IR4X crew for let me used the station again,
helping me to put inband antenna and setup the radios :)