[3830] ARRLDX SSB LN8W(@LA8W) M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 5 05:34:07 EST 2018

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: LN8W
Operator(s): LA5KO LA6GIA LA9QL LB8MH
Station: LA8W

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Rakkestad JO59oj

  160:   11     9
   15:    1     1
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  995   106  Total Score = 315,138

Club: LA Contest Club

Comments:

20 hours of operation as given by the log program says it all. We stayed at the
radio much longer without getting any Qs, although we also had a few hours off.
And I think we worked almost everyone we heard. One QSO on 15m, and that was the
only stn we heard. The only really open band was 20m, and that gave us lotsa
fun. 40m was a dissappointment, MUF going down before sunrise in America.

Very happy to be joined by some HF contest rookies this time, since none of the
regular ops could join. Very happy to see new ops at LA8W/LN8W work with good
rate in pileups, and it seems to me the error rate was low, - thats good !
Thank you, guys.

Had maybe some audio problems on 40m, and low band RX antennas maybe harmed by
the snow, otherwise station was working fine.  I think Murphy stayed in the
skies this time - but there he also did a good job !
We're looking forward to get some bigger antennas up, though.

Thanks for all the QSOs, in particular those of who had to be patient for us
getting everything correct in the log. Really, THANK YOU !

73 de
Roy / LA5KO