[3830] ARRLDX SSB K1KI M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 5 08:38:59 EST 2018

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K1KI
Operator(s): KM1P K1KI
Station: K1KI

Class: M/M HP
QTH: ct

   20: 1313   108
Total: 2730   398  Total Score = 3,230,964

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

The weekend started with the power going off about two hours after the contest
started.  A big pine tree ended up across the road.  This was the first time the
generator we added five years ago has had a real workout and it worked
flawlessly after the computer rebooted and the amplifiers warmed up.  The power
came back on about 18 hours later. Still waiting for telephone service.

Joe/KM1P did the daytime operating - about 30 hours, and Tom/K1KI did about 17
hours of mostly low bands.  40m was especially fun after 06z and we worked a lot
of UK stations until 10am their local time.

The winds on the first day made turning the 40m beam difficult but it eventually
did turn when there was a pause.  Winds peaked at about 50mph.  Otherwise
everything seemed to work as expected.

    73 Tom

One operating position
2x FT1000mp