[3830] ARRLDX SSB W4EEY SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Mar 6 08:55:46 EST 2018

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W4EEY
Operator(s): W4EEY
Station: W4EEY

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: EM85qb

  160:    0     0
Total:  452   172  Total Score = 233,232

Club: North Carolina DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Started off late due to a spotting cluster issue.

Realized that my microphone connection and PTT setup were not optimal, so I made
up some new cables early Saturday morning (much better!).

Used the B26 RF2K+ amp for the first time in a contest. Had some issues which
could be due to my initial alignment of the RF Protective circuits (will go back
and check) or because of the current version 51 interim software. Had to revert
back to my KPA-500 amp for much of the contest and use the B26 only when I
couldn't break through at 500 watts.

Used my Flex 6600 for the first time in a contest. SUPERB! No issues at all!
Loving this radio!

Just a casual effort, but had fun, and enjoyed the contest.  But what was with
the Puerto Rico station sending a "Zero power" exchange.  Humor or a
political statement? Had me confused until I finally "got it".