[3830] SCQP KG4IGC(WW4SF) Single Op FixedSSB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Mar 6 16:13:51 EST 2018

                    South Carolina QSO Party

Call: KG4IGC
Operator(s): WW4SF
Station: KG4IGC

Class: Single Op FixedSSB LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   0       0      0
   80:   0       0      0
   40:   0     139      0
   20:   0       0      0
   15:   0       0      0
   10:   0       0      0
    6:   0       0      0
----------------------------
Total:   0     139      0  Mults = 31  Total Score = 8,800

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

OPERATED AS WW4SF/CHFD (Checklog)Had a great time operating portable from Cheraw
State Park in Chesterfield
county as one of the operators of the WW4SF  bonus station team. Since this was
a rare county, my wife and I made a special trip up to Cheraw so that we could
put the county on the air. I had a bumpy start with some computer issues, but
once that issue was resolved everything worked flawlessly. Unfortunately, I was
not able work 20 meters in my allotted time slot as WW4SF because of technical
problems with my laptop. The band conditions were not very good either, plus
there was some sort of EU contest going on which made it very hard to find a
clear frequency. Went to 40 meters at 12:00 PM and had pretty good luck working
stations to the North and South and a few mid-West stations. The view at the
park was beautiful, we were set up right next to Lake Juniper and pretty much
had a huge section of the park to ourselves. As for the weather, you couldn't
of
asked for a more beautiful day, temps in the high 70's, sunny with a nice cool
breeze. Had to shut down at 5PM in order to have time to tear down and load my
truck as the park closes at 6 PM. Many TNX to all the stations who worked me
and
also to my lovely wife Sarah KG4NKG who made this trip possible!

Rig: Yaesu FT-847
PWR: 10 watts/100 watts
ANT: 40 meter inverted V at 40 feet
850 amp hour Marine battery