[3830] ARRLDX SSB VY0ERC SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Mar 7 19:21:14 EST 2018

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: VY0ERC
Operator(s): VE1RUS VE3KTB
Station: VY0ERC

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Eureka, NU

Total:  306    70  Total Score = 64,050

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Had a late start due to local constraints and then equipment
problems. We  then found that conditions Saturday were far from
good.  VE1RUS managed a few contacts Saturday morning  until he
had to depart to prepare for his flight out.  VE3KTB took over
until it was time for the provisioning plane to arrive and then
another 4 hours were lost to handling that and the
departing/arriving science team.  A few more contacts from JA on
20m and EU on 40m  followed into the evening.  Sunday was much
better as VE3KTB got to actually spend more time in the chair and
propagtion to Europe opened nicely for a couple of hours.  But
then it went away in mid-afternoon and seemed to be opening in
the last 10 minutes to JA. For some reason, working to the south
was quite difficult, meaning we had to leave a fair number of
Carribean and SA mults unworked.