[3830] ARRLDX SSB VP5V M/S LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Mar 8 10:53:51 EST 2018

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: VP5V
Operator(s): K4OV N1BA
Station: VP5V

Class: M/S LP
QTH: VP5

   40: 1141    58
   20: 2502    58
   15:  983    54
   10:    1     3
-------------------
Total: 4909   228  Total Score = 3,352,284

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

We were a little more relaxed in our second time as DX in this contest.  Lots of
Q's on 15-40, but condx were non-existent on 10.  W3LPL moved us for our only
10m contact, and we wouldn't have found them if we didn't know where to look.
80 and 160 were tough, so we packed it in and got extra sleep.  K4OV did get up
early enough for Sunday sunrise on 160.  N1BA carried the load, as usual, with
some massive runs.
Rather than a Field Day setup, we used the station at K4PQL's Harbour Rock
house, and we had a great time.  Thanks for the Q's.