[3830] ARRLDX SSB K3EST(@N6RO) M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Mar 9 20:03:25 EST 2018

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K3EST
Operator(s): K3EST N6RO AI6JZ
Station: N6RO

Class: M/M HP
QTH: CA

   20:  707   111
   15:  171    42
   10:   23     7
-------------------
Total: 1011   243  Total Score = 737,019

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

We decided to go casual MM after reading the antiquated ARRL rules not allowing
assisted SB efforts. The 20 meter score reflects a real SB assisted effort and
was drained pretty dry from out here. The other bands were for fun and to
legitimize the 20m score in our eyes and 3830.
Ken, wrked all of 160, 80,10m and some of 15m  The highlight was working JA3YBK
scatter over ZL on 10 meters for his only NA and our only Asian QSO Bill, AI6JZ
did a fine job on 15m on Saturday. He is new to the team. We hope he continues
his interest. 40m was a single band effort by WX5S (no assistance). So the 40
QSOs we made on 40 was during a break he took. We never worked a JA on 40m !!!!

Thanks to Ken, N6RO for his FB hospitality!
CU in the WPX with some call yet TBD.
73,
Bob, K3EST