[3830] Commonwealth VE9CB SO-Open24 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 11 06:16:35 EDT 2018

                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest

Call: VE9CB
Operator(s): VE9CB
Station: VE9CB

Class: SO-Open24 HP
QTH: New Brunswick

Total:  620  Total Score = 6,760

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Band     QSOs     Pts  Cty  Sec  Pt/Q
   3.5     102    1450   37    7  14.2
     7     240    2540   59    9  10.6
    14     263    2415   46    7   9.2
    21      12     280   11    1  23.3
    28       3      75    2    1  25.0
 Total     620    6760  155   25  10.9
Score: 6,760
1 Mult = 3.4 Q's

SOAPBOX:The contest started very well, with good propagation to ZL and VK on 40

and 80 metres.  I was able to work several UK stations on all-daylight paths on

40m.  Absorption was very low, but so was F-layer ionisation.  As the contest
wore on, conditions declined.  I watched the Solar Flux stay still at 68, and
the A and K indices slowly rose.  The last hours are always long, but these
were
especially so.  At least there was no disturbance.  Thank you RSGB for
sponsoring BERU, my favourite contest.
X-RADIOS:FTdx-5000 + TL-922
X-POWER:750
X-ANTENNAS:4el Tribander at 22m, 4-square on 40m, quad loop on 80m.