[3830] OkQP NO5W(@W5GAD) SOABCW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 12 09:24:27 EDT 2018

                    Oklahoma QSO Party

Call: NO5W
Operator(s): NO5W
Station: W5GAD

Class: SOABCW LP
QTH: LA

----------------------------
Total:   65     0       0  Mults = 39  Total Score = 11,605

Club: LA Contest Club

Comments:

OK QP has always been one of my favorites beginning with the years when W5ZL-SK
and KU5B and I would drive up from the Austin-Houston area to do a rovering
operation -- even the year we got caught in a blizzard on the first day of
spring was fun. This year W5CT/m carried on that tradition (w/o the blizzard)
and we stayed home in LA having fun tracking the mobiles. Conditions were not
that great and as expected 20m was not productive from New Orleans with only a
few Qs with stations in the northern part of the state. 40m was only so-so on
Saturday afternoon but really came to life Sunday morning -- unfortunately we
had to cut our Sunday operation short due to a severe thunderstorm.

Thanks to the following mobiles for keeping it interesting: K5CM(12), W5CT(11),
KE5XX(11), W3DYA(8), KK6MC(6), W0BH(4).

This coming weekend Dallas-K1DW and I will be making a mobile trip in the LA QSO
Party covering many parishes in SE LA -- details are on the LA QP website. If
you need parishes or are chasing grids look for us this Saturday.

73/Chuck/NO5W