[3830] Commonwealth VE3JM SO(A)-Open24 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 12 20:37:21 EDT 2018

                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest

Call: VE3JM
Operator(s): VE3JM
Station: VE3JM

Class: SO(A)-Open24 HP
QTH:

Total:  700  Total Score = 7,700

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Thought it cannot be worse than last year, but I was wrong. I heard VE3EJ
everywhere and had noticed that my QSO numbers were higher, but I expected he
was going to beat me anyway with the bonus points. I probably had some advantage
in working UK on lower bands, but was behind with VKs and ZLs on 40, 20 and 15.

My 15 and 20 monobanders on the high tower were stuck pointing to Europe, my
only options for working VK/ZL were tribanders. Given the conditions, the
tribanders are marginal compared to my monobanders that are much higher. Even if
I could turn the monobanders, John would probably beat me - but the scores would
have been closer.