[3830] CWopsT N5AW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Mar 14 12:10:50 EDT 2018

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Mar 14

Call: N5AW
Operator(s): N5AW
Station: N5AW

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 0:50

Total:  76  Mults = 76  Total Score = 5,776

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Had to quit a little earlier to go to a meeting. Nice to have 20 meters open -
29 of my 60 contacts there were with DX - seven of them Swedes!

Forgot this was a slow speed session until my 4th contact when KG5U called me at
20 wpm. That brings up something I suggested sometime ago that did not get much
attention. Why not use CQ CWS instead of CWT for the slow speed sessions. I
estimate about 1/3 of the folks that called me were sending at well above 20wpm,
many of them regulars who you'd think would know better but like me forgot or
just never got the word. CQ CWS would at least give a clue that things were
different. The other thing is instructors and students both sending
"CWA". It is great to recognize both the students and instructors but
I think lumping them together diminishes the accomplishment of the graduates.
How about CWG for the graduates and CWI for the instructors. CWA is reserved
then for those in training. Maybe that's all too complicated but I think worth
considering