[3830] ARRLDX CW NX6T M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Mar 16 15:58:41 EDT 2018

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: NX6T
Operator(s): WQ6X N6CY
Station: NX6T

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Fallbrook, Ca.
Operating Time (hrs): 36.5
Remote Operation

  160:   21     9
   10:   13     5
-------------------
Total: 1114   240  Total Score = 793,440

Club: San Diego Contest Club

Comments:

This was an ad-HOC last minute (our usual) operation of NX6T in Fallbrook, Ca.
Rick N6CY ran STN-2 remotely using a K3-0 and WQ6X ran STN-1 remotely using
RCForb to control the radio.
I was amazed at how many statesiders replied to my "CQ DX Test"
calls.
If you are calling a 6-land station then one way or another you don't
have a CLUE.  Sending "DX Only" would send most callers packing.
For those who STILL didn't get it I would send "599 CA" and then WIPE
the QSO from the screen.
The weak 10-meter opening was no surprise, however 15 meters was QUITE
a disappointment; then again with a LoW SFI I should NoT be surprised.

You can read more about this event in the WQ6X Contest BLOG
WQ6X.Blogspot.Com