[3830] BARTG KG5LRP SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 18 22:30:46 EDT 2018

                    BARTG HF RTTY Contest

Call: KG5LRP
Operator(s): KG5LRP
Station: KG5LRP

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: EL29cs
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:    1       1          1
   40:  142      14         13
   20:  160      16         15
   15:    2       2          1
   10:    0       0          0
-----------------------------------
Total:  305      32         29  Continents = 8  Total Score = 148,840

Club: Texas DX Society

Comments:

Great Contest!  I got to work it off and on. I was on vacations this week and
enjoyed my self. Saturday I went to the greater Houston Hamfest and then to
Brazos Bend State Park. After all that I worked some BARTG. Sunday I took my
daughter home and the round trip is like 5 hours. Then I power washed my in-laws
house, and then I got to work some BARTG. I did get up early and work some both
days,and even got some time of 40m Friday night.

There is always meat to be picked off the bone on this long RTTY contest.

OK time for thee damage report....
MY SWR went way up and I put the analyzer on my antenna. My baby wasn't parked
in the sweet spot where I left, so I had to go outside. I saw some discoloration
on my AG6IF Talented 2.5:1 Balun on my 40m Delta loop. Took a look inside and I
had burned up some insulation and it was shorting out. So my "Plan B"
item of the day was a Jetstrem 4:1 balun. Once installed I was back on the air
in no time.

I am not sure REPAIR is the hobby I signed up for, but rebuilding my 2.5:1 will
be fun? or I can alway hit up Ebay. :) Which sounds morelike what I have time
for. The 2.5:1 Fuse...sort of.

Well all is all I killed last years score of 120 QSO's and 17K points.... Since
my DXCC is STUCK on 99 for the past few days, maybe I have done myself some
good.

If I caught you on the air, then Thank You for the QSO, if not, then thank you
for reading this far.

So bring on the Next Contest!!! They are always fun to run..

Have Fun,
Jeff
KG5LRP