[3830] BARTG WQ6X(@NX6T) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 19 01:15:46 EDT 2018

                    BARTG HF RTTY Contest

Call: WQ6X
Operator(s): WQ6X
Station: NX6T

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Fallbrook, Ca
Operating Time (hrs): 27.5
Remote Operation

   80:   54       3         12
   40:  157      17         20
   20:  141      12         21
   15:   12       5          7
   10:    1       1          1
-----------------------------------
Total:  365      38         61  Continents = 5  Total Score = 180,675

Club: San Diego Contest Club

Comments:

This was another ad-HOC WQ6X remote operation from NX6T.
Most of the weekend was devoted to the BARTG RTTY contest
however I also spent time looking for LAQP and VAQP stations
and some time running in the Russian DX (Cw) contest.
Overall I was pleased by the BARTG turnout.
This was the best BARTG contest EVER.
Running STN-1 @ NX6T (a K3 into an ACOM 2000a amp),I had a C-31 yagi,
a "shorty 40" and an inverted vee on 80.  Because of shack heat
considerations, when running a frequency the amp was dialed back
to about 550 watts.  During S&P the amp was cranked to about 1350 watts.
Client obligations kept me off the air during some of the daytime periods,
made up for during both evenings.
Amazingly, there were no internet hiccups during this contest weekend.
Thanks to W6JBR I managed a 10-meter QSO (and one on 15).  Otherwise, 10
meters was a no show and 15 meters yielded only a dozen Q's.
Luckily, 40 & 20 picked up the slack and 80 added several dozen QSOs to
the log.  Thank you to the dozens of OPs who worked WQ6X on multiple bands.

Look for a WQ6X Contest BLOG writeup about this at: WQ6X.Blogspot.Com