[3830] Rus DX N3QE SO CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 19 06:47:39 EDT 2018

                    Russian DX Contest

Call: N3QE
Operator(s): N3QE
Station: N3QE

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: MD

  160:   10               5
   80:   20               9
   40:   84              22         2
   20:  175              49         9
Total:  291     0        87        11  Total Score = 122,010

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Some opportunistic time intermingled with BARTG RTTY and other family
activities.

If band conditions had been better I would've tried some phone too. But given
the choice between Russian DX phone and BARTG RTTY I would almost always choose
RTTY. I probably do like RTTY more than most guys!

20M opened late, 40M very poor, and 80 and 160 had horrible thunderstorm noise.

In my brief time on 160M, I found EU signals surprisingly strong. Still worked
my butt off to try to copy serial numbers.

Thanks for ALL OF THE MANY REPEATS ON SERIAL NUMBERS! I tried my best to get
them right.

Ten-Tec Eagle, AL-1500, 130-foot doublet.