[3830] WPX SSB KK7PR(@K7ZS) M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 25 20:40:34 EDT 2018

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: KK7PR
Operator(s): K7ZS W7ZB KE7AUB K7PAC
Station: K7ZS

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: OR

   20: 1091

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Pleasantly surprised with the activity and score, disappointed that not a single
JA on 15m was to be heard.  We ARE close to the bottom of the cycle, aren't we?

Small crew for an M/2 ... want to really thank Mark W7ZB for his help before the
contest, helping with food and drink, and his amazing ability to find and hold a
run frequency. Lots of chair time and Q's by Mark!

The late night 40m master, Andy KE7AUB did the pair of all nighters to help us
with an solid 40m performance, that was the biggest score enhancer with the 6
point Asia and Pacific 6 pointers.

Great to have Ken K7PAC come both days to get some chair time and really improve
his skills ... he's an avid fairly new ham and shows great promise to be a top
notch contester ... most importantly I guess we didn't scare him away!

With a bit of antenna compromise, we did OK but most importantly, we had fun!
The list of summer projects is growing!

73 and see you in WPX CW!

-Kevin K7ZS for the KK7PR crew