[3830] WPX SSB KH7XS(K4XS) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 25 21:39:02 EDT 2018

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: KH7XS
Operator(s): K4XS
Station: KH7XS

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: HI

   40: 1539
   20: 1776
   15: 1146

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Last time I did the WPX from KH6 was back in 2010...some things were the same,
some different.  Amount of QSOs on 80, 40 and 10 were close to the same and
actual total QSOs were close.  20 and 15 were flip flopped.  The big difference
was the mult total and final score.  I only managed a crappy 917 mults vs. 1084
in 2010 and hence the much lower score.

For this contest I worked 1 EU on 15 and maybe around 30 EU on 20, hence the low
mult total.  The usual 1700-1900Z opening was dismal both days.  The JA/BY/YB
opening was quite good both days, but it can't compare to the EU available
mults.

On the brighter side, it was good to hear 10 showing signs of life both days
with strong openings to SA, and even the southern part of the US.

Always great to meet lots of friends in this one.

One last note, the new fad in S.A. operation seems to be, turn the knob of the
xmit compressor to ten and then transmit.  Optional is adding lots of background
noise.  :-)