[3830] WPX SSB KG4USN(@N3DPB) M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 25 22:08:43 EDT 2018

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: KG4USN
Operator(s): KG4USN WA3EKL K0OO N3DPB KB3VQC K3TBD K3LU
Station: N3DPB

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: MDC

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

EVERY CONTEST HAS ITS UPS AND DOWNS................

  Despite the voice keyers, the computer wave files and a severe case of
bronchitis our crew did well and we are all tired of talking.  We were glad to
see the propagation improve this weekend with 15 open and the surprise opening
of 10 late Saturday and Sunday afternoon.  Some last minute SWR adjustments to
the 40 meter antenna system and reworking all the RF connections on the 50 year
old home brew 40 meter amp paid off with big returns on 40 meters.  80 meters
was outstanding also with one of the highest Q counts we have ever achieved on
this band.  We learned how to better adjust the Noise Reduction Control on the
K3’s which greatly increased our Q total this contest.  The equipment
performed perfectly as did the operators and everyone was well fed!  We thank
all those who contacted us hope to hear you in many more contests. All in all it
is GREAT FUN SO WE WILL SEE YOU ALL AGAIN.

73 from all of us,

ALAN  WA3EKL

PAT  K0OO

SUSAN  N3DPB

AND THE REST OF THE WA3EKL contest crew.