[3830] WPX SSB VY0ERC(VE3KTB) SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 25 22:16:55 EDT 2018

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: VY0ERC
Operator(s): VE3KTB
Station: VY0ERC

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: Eureka, NU

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Any sort of elevated A or K values pretty much kills propagation at 80N.
So, when on Friday afternoon I saw the K was 4, I knew it might be a
loud and noisy weekend.  There were a few minutes here and there of
really good connections to various parts of the world, but they never
lasted more than a handful of minutes. About mid-afternoon on
Saturday I got into the mindset of endlessly searching for those
occasional signals to pop up.  I kept going in the spirit of giving
out the VY0 mult to as many as possible.  So, thanks to all those who
worked to pull my weak fluttery signal out of the general mayhem.