[3830] WPX SSB AB2E SO(A)AB TB-Wires HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 25 22:40:13 EDT 2018

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: AB2E
Operator(s): AB2E
Station: AB2E

Class: SO(A)AB HP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: NJ

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Rig: Icom IC-7800 / Acom 2000A
Antennas: All wires.
     160m Inverted L - 75ft vertical/60ft horizontal
      75m Wire vertical
      40-10m Fan dipole

Well, Fri night I could hardly work anything on 40m and 20m had died already.
75m was the best band for me both nights. I could be heard and had reasonable
success calling CQ, even had quite a number of EU stations call in both nights.
 160m was quite productive as well. 40M was open 2200 Sunday, and I made a
number of EU Qs then. QSYed to 75 for the last hour, again having a nice mix of
EU and stateside mults calling in.
Great to work so many friends both US and EU.

Hope to get up at least one HF yagi before WPX CW.

73 and thanks for the QSOs,
Darrell AB2E