[3830] WPX SSB K3ZJ SOAB TB-Wires HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 25 22:55:05 EDT 2018

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: K3ZJ
Operator(s): K3ZJ
Station: K3ZJ

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: USA-WV
Operating Time (hrs): 19:37

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I was able to drive out to the shack in WV late Saturday. Got on the air at 2100
UTC.  In early years we've sometimes had light snow on the ground for WPX, and
one year I even had to have assistance to get up the road due to ice.  But this
is the first WPX that I actually had to shovel snow in order to get the door
open.  Even though there had been some limited melting for several days, there
was a large drift over the front steps and landing.  I was happy to say hello in
the contest to so many friends. I and hope to have more time and better
conditions next year!