[3830] WPX SSB NN2DX(W2RE) SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 25 23:43:26 EDT 2018

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: NN2DX
Operator(s): W2RE
Station: W1/EASTPORT

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: Eastport, Maine
Remote Operation

   20: 2243

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

NN2DX is the Remote Ham Radio Club Call.

Another incredible experience operating the Eastport, Maine remote station! It
doesn't get any better than this!

All my previous operations in WPX have been part of a M/S (WW2DX). Last year the
WW2DX M/S team won the USA top score from the Eastport station!

My original schedule was to be in Maine prior and after WPX weekend doing
station upgrades in both Eastport and Lubec but another Nor'easter storm on
Thursday delayed my trip. With the W1/Eastport sitting idle after a cancellation
and the bands sounding great leading up to the contest this opened up the
opportunity to drive the station. To be completely honest, this radio time was
needed after missing out on ARRL DX SSB due to a power outage here in New York.

Assisted vs Unassisted. I decide the last minute to go assisted to add some fun
but it was a dud. It didn't add much to my score since I was always running and
couldn't get distracted (serial numbers) or I would lose my run frequency. Bad
decision. Oh, well! :(

I have a website (blog) dedicated to my remote contest experiences and will add
additional information in a few days about this remote operation.
http://www.w2re.com/contesting/

73, Ray W2RE
http://www.w2re.com/