[3830] WPX SSB NR5M SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 26 13:29:16 EDT 2018

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: NR5M
Operator(s): NR5M
Station: NR5M

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Hempstead, TX, USA

   40: 1260
   20: 2384

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

It was a wild and crazy contest.  The biggest event occurred Saturday night when
I was stung by a big red wasp on the neck during the middle of a Eu run.  I
apologize if any of the profanities I uttered tripped the vox.  I want you to
know that I never left the radio and the pain subsided over the next two hours.
I knew that ssb low band runs could be painful but this took the cake!

A lot more stateside (vs. DX) in the log this year so the Q/Mult count increase
did not directly translate to a proportionately higher score.

I got one and one-half hours of sleep the second night, so I apologize If I was
occasionally a bit dingy at the end.  What a fun contest--always someone to
work!

George, NR5M