[3830] WPX SSB 3V8SS(KF5EYY) SOAB TB-Wires LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Mar 27 02:10:18 EDT 2018

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: 3V8SS
Operator(s): KF5EYY
Station: 3V8SS

Class: SOAB LP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: Sousse

   20: 1083

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Entire contest recording with callsign search tool is uploaded to my website for
those who want to listen to their signals in 3V.

That was one of the hardest contests I did given the poor propagation
conditions. MUF according to Gibilmanna ionosonde rarely exceeded 21Megs during
the weekend although south-north propagation on 10m was possible (FR4QT and
7Q7EI were loud). In such conditions, for a low power station, every QSO on low
bands should worth triple points not only double! A bit over two hundred QSOs
was all I managed to do on 80 and 40 combined using an inverted-L with elevated
radials and 2 phased verticals. The receiving loop I recently added helped with
some stations on 80.

On Sunday at 0700z, power went down in the area (they said it is a planned
shutdown for maintenance). That remained till 1300z thus loosing the best hour
rates of the contest.

Thank you all for the lovely QSOs and hope to see you again in the CW leg
insh'Allah!

73 Ash 3V/KF5EYY
www.kf5eyy.info