[3830] WPX SSB NC8C(K8AAV) SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Mar 27 05:20:09 EDT 2018

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: NC8C
Operator(s): K8AAV
Station: NC8C

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 25:55

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

One huge non-resonant doublet in the trees and 100 watts doesn't "bust the
piles" or hold a run frequency, especially on 20 meters. (But, what lobes
it has!) The use of the club call AND a borrowed Icom IC-7610 to try out let me
have a very good time of it. Spent a bit too much time doing critical listening;
knob twiddling was hard to resist with this fantastic radio. This is really the
best radio I have ever used in a contest at my own station. It made it easy to
dig out the weakest of signals among the giants. Mostly S & P was required
by the conditions and low power operations with my compromise stealth antenna,
but the new radio, the funny call sign, and so many excellent ops and their
great stations around the world kept this thrill ride rolling! 73, Rod K8AAV