[3830] WPX SSB OM7RU SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Mar 27 12:02:00 EDT 2018

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: OM7RU
Operator(s): OM7RU
Station: OM7RU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Dolna Micina
Operating Time (hrs): 35:37

Club: OM0M Dozen Dashes Contest Club

Comments:

The first all bands SSB contest with new antenna setup and new contest
software.

I felt like in Low Power category. I spent a lot of time with S/P. Rare pileups
were usually evidence of new DX cluster spot, hi.

Contest started with quite bad conditions, 80m much better than 40m. 40m only
for mults S/P. Saturday with 15m opened just for searching of mults, 20m CQs was
with low rates.
When 20m started to be opened towards NA, my PC started to have some problems
with mp3. I lost DVK functions, recordings and replayings started to live their
own lifes... I hoped, that it was only erroneous keybord pressing and I have to
find certain incorrectly setting function. I lost 2 hours of sleeping, problem
hasn't been found and I was happy, that I had CQ and my callsing recorded in DVK
memories and I was able to transmitting them...
Then 20m was quite nice opened till night hours. Second night was similar to
first, with better 80m. Sunday conditions looked better, more pileups on 20m and
then also on 40m.

General problem was to find any free frequency. Main bands were full of a lot of
extremly strong stations (59 +40-50 dB), very often supported by their wide
spread splatters (+- 5-10 kHz). It looks like wide signal spectrum is often used
as frequency cleaner...

Thanks to all who took part!

Used equipments:
 Yaesu FT-1000MP MarkV Field
 ACOM 2000A (1,5 kW OUT)
 MicroHAM microKeyer, MicroHAM StationMaster
 DXLog.net

Antennas:
 160m: Vertical (35m tower + 2 elevated radials)
 80m:  OptiBeam OB1-80 rotary dipole @34m
 AD-3446 multibander:
   40m:  3 elements
   20m:  4 elements