[3830] CWopsT NN5O LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Mar 28 10:13:54 EDT 2018

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Mar 28

Call: NN5O
Operator(s): NN5O
Station: NN5O

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Tupelo, MS
Operating Time (hrs): 1:00

Total:  48  Mults = 44  Total Score = 2,112

Club: Deep Dixie Contest Club

Comments:

1st time running CWT with my new Flex 6600M.  Kinda felt like a newbie this
morning.  Here's why...

Also 1st time running SO2R.  My cross-town rival, Joe Moffatt AB5OR (and a
member of the Flex Alpha team) came over and set up my new Flex for CWT and set
N1MM+ to run SO2R for contests.  Man, this is terrific!  But...

I need more experience switching the Tx between entry windows.  Yeah, I could
use the '\' key to switch, but Joe reminded me just now that that switches on
Rx, so Tx has to be manual until I connect the new keyboard that has a 'Pause'
key on it (this Lenovo laptop has none).

Also, I have a 'hiccup' in my Function Key messages for some reason.  And, I'll
bet several of you heard it this morning.  When I reply to you with my exchange,
the F2 key (the 'TU ... exchange), that beginning 'T' is elongated, making me
sound like I'm using a bug.  Doggone it.  Gotta go in and fix that.  Maybe
insert a space in front so the compute will hiccup in the space.  Oh
well...that's why the CWT is so valuable -- gives a chance to work the kinks out
of the pig's tail.  :-)

Happy day to you all.  Thanks so much for the kind Qs this morning.

73,
Dr. Larry S. Anderson, NN5O
Tupelo, MS  (birthplace of Elvis)
Flex 6600M into horiz loop @ 40 ft