[3830] CWopsT N5XZ(@W5FMH) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Mar 30 14:52:46 EDT 2018

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z Mar 29

Call: N5XZ
Operator(s): N5XZ
Station: W5FMH

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 1.00
Remote Operation

Total:  90  Mults = 83  Total Score = 7,470

Club: Texas DX Society

Comments:

This was my first remote operation of this contest, using W5FMH station and
Remote Hams / N1MM software. It sure isn't as easy as using the home station.
There is a delay that really throws my rhythm off and some stations start
sending before the remote radio goes back to receive. Perhaps it is my
underpowered POS (Point of Sale) computer, or my connection (AT&T 50MBit).
Also, not being able to control the radio with KNOBS seems to be hard to get
used to, as I couldn't immediately reach for the WIDTH or RIT as required. N1MM
worked great and all macro commands were handled perfectly. Anyway, it's gonna
take some getting used to.

Rig: TS-590
Ant: GXP and Dipole
Amp: Expert 1.3K