[3830] CWopsT OH3BCX(OH1ZAA) LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed May 2 10:13:22 EDT 2018

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z May 2

Call: OH3BCX
Operator(s): OH1ZAA
Station: OH3BCX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: KP20XW

Total:  27  Mults = 27  Total Score = 729

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

When arriving at the station everything seemed broken.
The ground wire of the paddle was hanging loose. That
initiated a soldering job. Then the trustworthy Dentron
MT-3000A was only dipping spuriously, but not passing
power through. So I took my recently made home-brew
roller tuner knowing it could not handle the linear.

So I had to run LP... Started at 1318Z on 14 MHz...
Conditions were long-skipped, not too bad, and this
time in a sixty/fifty ratio giving preference to USA.
.. Could even pull a few Europeans on CQ CWT with the
over-sized 18 m tall vertical (the diversity sort for
14 MHz, with anti-phase currents in the upper/lower ½).

 Cheers/73, Zaba OH1ZAA #1856