[3830] 7QP K7RL SOMixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 6 14:07:27 EDT 2018

                    7th Call Area QSO Party

Call: K7RL
Operator(s): K7RL
Station: K7RL

Class: SOMixed HP
QTH: WAISL
Operating Time (hrs): 16.50
Remote Operation

  160:    8       0     0
   80:   74       0     0
   40:  145     298     0
   20:  335     842     0
   15:    3       0     0
   10:    0       0     0
    6:    0       0     0
    2:    0       0     0
----------------------------
Total:  565    1140     0  Mults = 67  Total Score = 266,325

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

It's been a while since I operated this very fun contest. I should have planned
a bit better as I didn't max out my DX mults and had no other strategy than to
have fun (which isn't a bad thing).

I've been working on getting the station set-up to operate remotely, and this
was a good test to uncover any possible issues. Everything was pretty smooth,
and other than not hearing the hum of an amplifier and all of the associated
equipment, it felt like being in the shack.

Conditions seemed okay, other than a two hour period from about 22:30z to
00:30z, when signals dropped substantially, and CQ's suddenly went unanswered.
Tried moving bands, changing modes, but nothing helped. Noticed the K index
spiked to 5, so had to just ride it out.

After 00:30z, the bands snapped back, except signals were either very strong or
very weak. Wicked QSB at times made for many repeats, so thank you to those that
hung in their to complete the QSO.

Thanks to all for the Q's, and especially the mobile stations that parked on
county lines, or moved to different counties.

73, Mitch, K7RL