[3830] 7QP KK7PR(KE7AUB) SO(A)SSB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon May 7 01:28:48 EDT 2018

                    7th Call Area QSO Party

Call: KK7PR
Operator(s): KE7AUB
Station: K7ZS

Class: SO(A)SSB HP
QTH: YAMHILL COUNTY, OR

  160:   0       0      0
   80:   0       0      0
   40:   0     145      0
   20:   0     514      0
   15:   0       0      0
   10:   0       1      0
    6:   0       0      0
    2:   0       0      0
----------------------------
Total:   0     659      0  Mults = 60  Total Score = 78,960

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Sort of a last minute activation, as ORYAM (Yamhill County, OR) did not have any
known volunteers to put the county on the air for the 7th Area QSO Party. K7ZS
let me drive his station to represent YAM, using the club call KK7PR.

I managed to last 11 hours, running 8 hrs, with some S&P and a couple of
breaks.

Had 2 EU stations call me, F and SM land, 2 Central American stations, 1 Brazil,
1 XE and then Guam off the back of the beam.

20M was quite interesting all day. I worked 20M until almost 7 PM local time.
Then I finally migrated to 40M for my last almost 2 hours before retiring for
the evening.

Thanks to all who worked me. I was happy to hand out YAM and OR, especially if
it was your first time working either entity for WAS or even more challenging -
worked all Counties.

I also enjoyed a number of short QSO's during the contest - impacted the rate a
bit, but not too badly. I was having fun.

Special thanks to K7ZS for letting me drive the station.

73
Andy
KE7AUB