[3830] 7QP KK7AC SOSSB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon May 7 18:04:32 EDT 2018

                    7th Call Area QSO Party

Call: KK7AC
Operator(s): KK7AC
Station: KK7AC

Class: SOSSB LP
QTH: AZAPH

  160:
   80:           84
   40:          301
   20:          945
----------------------------
Total:   0     1330     0  Mults = 59  Total Score = 156,940

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

My 9th consecutive entry into the 7QP at the Apache County Arizona Contest Cabin
was found to be record breaking for me as it produced the largest amount of Q's
as it beat my previous of 1220 some-odd a couple years ago.

This was primarly due to an epic BIC/run experience at the onset of the contest
of which I have never experienced in any previous contest -7QP or otherwise. 5
minutes before the contest, 5:55 my local, I gave a quick spin on 20 meters to
look for a spot to run on right out of the gate. I found 14.286.0 to be dead
quiet and began to state my call on frequency to "warm up" and claim
my little piece of kHz bandwidth. After the tick of the top of the hour and my
4th or 5th call on the keyer, it was off to the races of which I would not
realize the paramout of until over 6 hours later.

I knew conditions were OK, but never have I ran a SINGLE (did not touch the VFO
once)frequency for as long as I did in ONE sitting with 90 hour rates. It was
not until around 1925, 6.5 hours after my first contact, did I find my frequency
being invaded but heavy QRM below me...I needed to take a break anyway, but it
was not until then I realized how long I had been in the chair and on this one
frequency did it show how the rest of the contest would go into my record books;
6.5 hours, 585 Q, 47 mults and 54,000 some odd points before I removed the
headphones for the first time.

I know that I can contest BIC, but it did not seem that long since I was working
one station after another and in the comfort of a recliner - which I believe is
the real secret to limiting fatigue. Both made it easier for sure.

30 minutes for dinner and shut it down with one hour to go. I missed Hawaii for
a 50 state sweep.