[3830] CWopsT NO5W(@W5GAD) LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed May 9 10:16:39 EDT 2018

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z May 9

Call: NO5W
Operator(s): NO5W
Station: W5GAD

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: LA
Operating Time (hrs): :53

Total:  84  Mults = 78  Total Score = 6,552

Club: LA Contest Club

Comments:

K3/100 6BTV vertical 3el steppir CQ/X 1.8.1.0

This turned out to be a good session but not in the way I planned.

I've been meaning to try out a new mobile operating location at the Bonnabel
Boat Launch which is on the south shore of Lake Ponchatrain with clear sky and
water in a 180deg arc looking north. I left the house plenty early to get to the
site with about 25 minutes before show time, got into the operating position and
discovered I had not brought the computer -- yikes. What to do? I didn't want to
log on paper and you probably would not want to listen to my paddle work while
logging and sending so I decided to head to the JARC clubhouse which is not too
far but with morning traffic the trip ate up all of my 25 minutes of spare
time.

Finally got set up at the club about 5 minutes late and the vertical which had
been recently relocated had high SWR and just would not produce anything on 40m
so I went to 20m early at around 1320z and that band really saved my session
with some great runs. Next week I'll try again to launch some signals from the
boat launch, this time with a computer on board.

Thanks for saving my session with some Qs.

73/Chuck/NO5W