[3830] 50SprngSprnt N6ZE Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat May 12 23:57:53 EDT 2018

                    50 MHz Spring Sprint

Call: N6ZE
Operator(s): N6ZE
Station: N6ZE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: DM04ne

Club: ventura county amateur radio society

Comments:

Despite a low score, the 6 meter Spring 2018 SPRINT featured a number of
highlights!
Of the 12 QSOs made by me in 2 grids, 11 were with members of the Conejo Valley
Amateur Radio Club (CVARC) and the Ventura County Amateur Radio Society (VCARS).
In the recent past, I have encouraged my local ham friends to operate on the
VHF/UHF Band Weak Signal Frequencies. In fact one member of CVARC, Adrian, K6KY,
held a 6 meter halo building session last week and several of the halos were
active during the SPRINT!
I had four JT-8 QSOs with members from both local clubs.
I believe that this was the first time for most of the local stations to operate
during a VHF Event.
Out of area activity was very low, and I worked only one station in DM03.
(During the morning however,  Sporadic E was noted to TX, Mexico, and a few
other states….Oh well.)
I was lucky enough to be able to operate during all 5 Spring 2018 SPRINT Events.
The first 4 were from a peak in the Santa Monica Mts., and this one was from my
home QTH in DM04ne.
Thanks to the organizers for the Spring 2018 SPRINTS. I look forward to
participating in the Fall 2018 SPRINT Events too.