[3830] 50SprngSprnt N2SLN Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 13 00:34:30 EDT 2018

                    50 MHz Spring Sprint

Call: N2SLN
Operator(s): N2SLN
Station: N2SLN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FN22

Club: LIM Amateur Radio Group

Comments:

Thunderstorms were in the forecast for Saturday, so I decided to operate from
home instead of the mountaintop I had planned to use for this event. I knew I
would be taking a performance hit since my rover equipment and locations always
provide better results than the home station. The thunderstorms were removed
from the forecast Friday night, but the rain remained, so the plan to stay home
also stayed intact. Installed 2 temporary antennas for the sprint, bringing the
total to 3, and they were all directional antennas at 20' above ground with no
rotors, so I had to try to pick the best directions. Unfortunately, no contacts
were made on the south-facing antenna, and no contacts at all in the last hour
and 20 minutes. Best DX 226 mi / 363 km to FN42.