[3830] ArQP W0BH SOMixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 13 19:48:22 EDT 2018

                    Arkansas QSO Party

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: SOMixed HP
QTH: KS

   80:    9      2
   40:   47     20
   20:   16      5
----------------------------
Total:   72     27      0  Mults = 41  Total Score = 7,211

Score includes 600 bonus points for working W5AHS and WR5P.

That was fun! I turned on the radio in the morning just after the start and kept
coming back most of the day (with three hours off for our aviation graduates
reception at Hesston College in the afternoon). Usually I have a hard time
working AR from Kansas as the day goes on, but this year one band was open to AR
every time I checked.  I was really surprised at the great short skip on 20m at
first, and I was able to sometimes make 20m contacts later as well.

Top QSOs for me:

18: K5CM
09: W3DYA
07: N4CD KE5XX
05: KN4Y
04: KD5J WA5BDU WA5SOG

Thanks to the mobiles and portables for running around the state and the the
rest of the AR crew for making themselves easy to find. Also thanks to the
Razorback CC for sponsoring the event.

We'll join the fun mobile in AR again one of these years! And mobiles, please
considering joining us in Kansas for our Tenth Anniversary Kansas QSO Party on
August 25-26, 2018!

73, Bob, w0bh