[3830] 50SprngSprnt K1TEO Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 13 20:33:30 EDT 2018

                    50 MHz Spring Sprint

Call: K1TEO
Operator(s): K1TEO
Station: K1TEO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN31/CT

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Comments:

I started after 10 and not hearing anyone on SSB I figured I'd try FT8. I worked
14 stations in 25 minutes all of whom I could have worked on SSB - probably in
just a few minutes. And a few guys were not in contest mode slowing things down
quite a bit.

Also, have to figure out what to send when the other station sends RRRR. My
program automatically goes to TX6 so I'm calling CQ. But several stations were
still sending RRR after that so I went back and sent TX5 (73) to them. And a few
times I didn't notice the Enable TX went off when I did the manual override.
Sorry to those I confused. Hopefully in June folks work SSB/CW too or it's going
to be very slow on 6M. FT8/MSK144 are great modes but far slower for most QSO's
we can make on 6.

Jeff K1TEO