[3830] 50SprngSprnt W1DYJ Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 13 22:16:25 EDT 2018

                    50 MHz Spring Sprint

Call: W1DYJ
Operator(s): W1DYJ
Station: W1DYJ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: ME - FN43xs

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Comments:

My first 6M Sprint from my Maine QTH - does anyone
ever point their beams up here???  I have to wonder
if my yagi is working!

Not much activity.  Spent the first 1 1/2 hours
(8-9:30 local) switching between SSB and CW, with three
Qs on each mode.  Mostly listened, heard a few weak signals.

Gave up and switched to FT8 for four more Qs.  Two
hams understood how to use FT8 in VHF contest mode; the
other two didn't.  Finally gave up at 10:30 local.

Rig: TS590S
Antenna: InnovAntenna 3el LFA @ 28', about 3' above the roof.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ