[3830] CWopsT KF6NCX LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed May 23 16:27:34 EDT 2018

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z May 23

Call: KF6NCX
Operator(s): KF6NCX
Station: KF6NCX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Chico, CA

Total:   5  Mults = 5  Total Score = 25

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This session offered me fabulous practice at trying to copy call signs, names
and numbers, as well as great practice sending, "CQ, CWT." I started
on 15 and heard one faint station whose call sign I couldn't copy. Seemed like
it started with "KW."

I switched to 40, but nothing was happening there. Then I went to 20 where all
the action was. But darn the luck. My rig is still not working well on 20. With
my automatic antenna tuner, my dipole made for 40 meters used to work fine. I'd
tune up on 20, the tuner's green light would go on, indicating I was tuned up,
and the rig would work fine across the CW portion of 20. But something happened.
Now I keep hearing a beep on 20 meters, meaning I'm out of tune. Even after I've
just tuned up, sometimes the beep comes as soon as I transmit. Well, I hope to
have my new antenna up by the weekend and it supposedly needs no tuner. So just
wait, guys. I plan to KB.

Fortunately, the rig works fine on 40, which is where I spent the last half hour
of the contest, and made some contacts. So, thank you for those five Qs and 73.