[3830] WPX CW NG7Z SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 27 20:16:28 EDT 2018

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NG7Z
Operator(s): NG7Z
Station: NG7Z

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: AZ

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Another one in the books. My goal at the outset was 500 Q's and 200,000 pts.
Missed one and got the other. I knew I'd have to do a lot of hours but two
things happened. One, my wife's birthday nearly always falls on or near WPX CW
weekend. She has always been quite understanding about my hobby but I know after
43 years she does like something special. Two, church functions always take
priority. So 18 hours is about all I could get in. With this pop gun station my
expectations have not been high. And I wasn't disappointed. Working EU on 40M
was unexpected and getting my CQ's answered by EU on 20M was also unexpected. So
all in all, I'm happy with my the score. Hope all of you had as much fun as I
did. Thanks for pulling me out of the noise and QRM. 73 Paul NG7Z