[3830] WPX CW KM4SII SO(A)AB Rookie LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 27 20:18:31 EDT 2018

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: KM4SII
Operator(s): KM4SII
Station: KM4SII

Class: SO(A)AB LP
Class Overlay: Rookie
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs):

Just a very casual effort this time. I wasn't chasing mults or QSO numbers...
just having fun. The pool opened this weekend so I was there most of Sunday and
I took a number of breaks the rest of the weekend and slept in :-)

I'm still a novice at CW and this was only my second semi-serious CW contest.
Thank you all for listening to my numerous "?" haha! Still a lot of
work left to do on my CW-ing but I'll get there eventually.

20m was the big surprise with it never really closing the first night. The
second night it closed up around midnight. I didn't spend enough time on the
other bands since I got carried away on 20m where I have the best antenna. I was
able to run Europe surprisingly well way up in the less congested parts of 20m
above the digital sub-bands. That was quite fun!

It was a pleasure to work some of the guys I met at Dayton Hamvention such as
W2GD (P44W), and W2SC (8P5A). Those guys are contesting MACHINES!

As a side note, I was very impressed by the signals coming from South-west
Asia... particularity UP4L and UN4L who were very loud and very fast!

Only one ATNO this weekend - 3V8SS on 20m. Thanks!

And congrats to all my fellow youngsters this weekend! Thanks to David, VE7DZO;
Bryant, KG5HVO; and Xenia, ZL4YL who had a killer signal on 20m!

73 and see you all in the next one de KM4SII - Mason (15 years old)