[3830] WPX CW KJ5Y M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 27 20:26:15 EDT 2018

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: KJ5Y
Operator(s): WP3A WP3C N5XZ KJ5Y
Station: KJ5Y

Class: M/S HP
QTH: EL29im
Operating Time (hrs): 37
Remote Operation

Club: Texas DX Society

Comments:

Thank you to my tremendous team!  WP3A- Jaime, WP3C- Alfredo, N5XZ- Al.  We had
way too many problems!
Murphy was working overtime!  Windows update about midnite when Alfredo was in
the middle of a big run on 40 240 q/hr. I had to go out of town at the last
minute to fix our TV station in Corpus Christi.  So was trying to help fix
trouble with the phone and TViewer.. not easy!  So missed about 4 hours of
operating. Got them back on about 4AM on first night.
Driving back to Houston next day and just in time for a big storm! Lightning
continuously. Solid static crashes.  High winds blew the power lines down at the
remote site.  And after power back at 7am today, we discovered that the high
winds blew the Skynet dish off course (at 90' level of the tower).  Will fix
that later!
Anyway, had to switch to my other station... dipole at 120' and BAREFOOT... only
20 meters.
Also used the Log periodic at #1 and dipoles for 40/ 80.  REALLY MISSED the big
station.  Over half the contest with the big station was fractured with rig
computer issue.  Anyway, I'll quit complaining...
We had fun nonetheless!
Thanks to everyone who worked us and were patient.. the standby remote has some
dropout troubles busting the copy frequently.  73 and we will be back next year
and be better from lessons learned!
Pat  - KJ5Y