[3830] WPX CW K3WJV SO(A)AB TB-Wires HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 27 22:06:05 EDT 2018

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: K3WJV
Operator(s): K3WJV
Station: K3WJV

Class: SO(A)AB HP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: PA

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Band     QSOs     Pts  WPX  Pt/Q
         1.8       3       8    2   2.7
         3.5      53     194   20   3.7
           7     390    1571  197   4.0
          14     890    2079  443   2.3
          21     154     217   46   1.4
          28       6       7    2   1.2
       Total    1496    4076  710   2.7
                 1 mult = 2.1 Q's

Didn't really have a plan other than I knew I'd put a lot of time in.  No so2r
in this one, I only have one beam and I think so2r would be tough trying to
copy
serial #'s on 40 with the inv v and trying to s&p on 20 or 80.  I was giving
the
new kpa1500 a workout and I should have put the window a/c in the shack as that
amp throws some heat out when those fans get singing, hi.

Had a bunch of fun as this is my favorite contest.  Maybe give it more of a
planned effort next year and try to do better.  Both mornings I didn't get on
until 9am so I had 15.5 hours of off time and could have gotten on before
sunrise at least one of the mornings.  Don't know what I missed out on.

Disappointing runs on 20 with low EU answers but I guess that's WPX serial #
phobia, I don't know.  Held my run freqs pretty good for a small station.  Had
HG3R park pretty close and the key clicks were horrendous.  Luckily I could
move
down some but was still hearing clicks & pops way down from them.  They get
the
weekend click award.  That was Sunday afternoon later in the day.

Rural wooded location 1255ft ASL

FT1000MP & Acom 2000a
K3/P3 & KPA1500

2el K4KIO 5 band Hexbeam @30ft  G-450A rotor & Green Heron
Inv vees for 40m-80m-trapped 160 @ 55ft

Palstar HF-AUTO    WinKeyer USB & Vibroplex paddle
Rx ants - 200ft NE/SW kd9sv rbogs staggered & spaced @ 66ft - DXE ncc-2
SO2R >> TopTen DxDoubler-Band Aides-relays-W2VJN stubs
       (not full blown so2r yet - need 2nd beam)

N1MM+ contest logger & DxLab master logger