[3830] WPX CW ED5X M/M LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon May 28 16:22:12 EDT 2018

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: ED5X
Operator(s): EA2CW EA2WX EA3CV EA3HSJ EA3PP EA4GMX EA4JJ EA4PN EA5IHK EA5LN EA5UF
Station: ED5X

Class: M/M LP
QTH: IM88OW

   20: 1334

Club: EA Contest Club

Comments:

First operation of the "Tortugas CW" Team from a portable location at
Felipe EA4GMX summer house, with several ops being on a big contest for their
1st time.

Condx: 4 IC-7300 @ 100w, no amps, 2 hexbeams, rotatable 40m dipole, inverted
dipoles for 80 and 160m, 2 BOGS to USA and EU.

Ops: EA2CW EA2WX EA3CV EA3HSJ EA3PP EA4GMX EA4JJ EA4PN EA5IHK EA5LN EA5UF

The choice of special callsign ED5X was not successful at all, as we had to
repeat on S&P multiple times until being copied correctly.
Severe storms along all the contest brought us strong QRN on all bands, making
it even more difficult, but we enjoyed some fine apertures on 20 and 15m at
nights.
At least, fine cooking by Toni EA4PN made the weekend much better, and we all
have a lot more learnt for next years
Thanks to all the people calling and/or answering us, see all next year!