[3830] WPX CW VE7DZO(@VE7ZZZ) SOSB20 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue May 29 00:28:56 EDT 2018

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: VE7DZO
Operator(s): VE7DZO
Station: VE7ZZZ

Class: SOSB20 LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

Big thanks to everyone that worked me! This was my first CW contest using N1MM+
keyboard keying and yagi antennas. I was still getting used to the new location
and logging setup so my response time was not the best and I might have hit the
wrong F key at times. Thanks for your patience.

I’d like to start off by saying a REALLY BIG thank you to: Jurgen VE7FE, Brent
VE7SNC, Darrel VE7EME and my dad, Stefan VE7KY for all their hard work to
prepare the antennas for the contest. Also a big thanks goes out to the owners
of VE7ZZZ (Steve VE7RBL, Dave VE7DRS, Darrel VE7EME, Bob VE7SK) for allowing me
to use the amazing site.

I had lots of trouble with CW interfacing and due to that I missed 5 hours at
the beginning of the contest. After everything was all set and done, I was
finally ready to hit the air!

Conditions were very good, I would say, I had a few EU runs including one at
midnight, the two antennas preformed very well. I had planned to get up each
morning at 6AM but failed to do so one morning, and accidentally slept in until
10AM. Other then those few setbacks everything went great!

It was nice to work some very good friends: VE7SV, Dale; VE7AV, Frank; KM4SII,
Mason; KG5HVO, Bryant; KG4CRJ, Brian.

Equipment:
Yaesu FT-1000MP 100W

Antennas:
4 element 204BA up 50ft (fixed to EU)
3 element tribander (TA-33JR) up 70ft (rotatable)

CU next time! Possibly from the VE7ZZZ site once again!
73 de VE7DZO - David (Age 14)