[3830] SS CW K6LA Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 4 20:44:37 EST 2018

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K6LA
Operator(s): K6LA
Station: K6LA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: LAX

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Fall Classic??? It was 86 degrees here at the start Saturday afternoon. And
while the first 3 hours were classic for me around 14035, 101/119/100. 20 went
out in the 00 hour and while 40 provided QSOs, the rate went South fast, quickly
into the 30s and devolved into the 20s in 06 and 07. I promised myself I
wouldn't work the last 2 hours so I powered through the Sunday doldrums Saturday
night. The actual Sunday doldrums weren't much better than usual. Never had
rates that low that early.

In the sweep department, Sunday morning I decided to look for VY1AAA at the
bottom of 20 and found him right away. That left VI. I heard NP3X in a big
pileup that I couldn't break, and then he disappeared. He reappeared about 10
minutes later calling me on 15 for the sweep.

This is the lowest score I have put up in forever. I heard some big numbers out
there so it is not like there wasn't good activity. And those first 3 hours...

73, Ken, K6LA