[3830] SS CW VE3VN Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 4 22:59:14 EST 2018

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: VE3VN
Operator(s): VE3VN
Station: VE3VN

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: ONE
Operating Time (hrs): 20:30

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

After a weekend of the amplifiers humming during CQ WW it was nice to relax with
QRP. Took a few minutes to find all the cables get the KX3 connected to contest
accessories. It doesn't get used much these days.

To my surprise 80 was the money band. The first evening I had no trouble
running. The half-completed vert yagi is great but had to be fixed southwest. On
40 and 20 I could only run for short spurts. The high tribander is out of action
at present, which may have cost a few contacts. The high 40 yagi really helped
getting through.

Sunday turned into a grind. S&P worked well, with only a minority unable to
pull me thru. But without good runs too much was missed. I heard all sections
other than PR. I came up empty with VE2(!!), KL7 and EWA.

There are some great QRP scores listed. I enjoyed working those with higher
serial numbers.