[3830] SS CW WT2P SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 4 23:09:05 EST 2018

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: WT2P
Operator(s): WT2P
Station: WT2P

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: IL

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Personal best on a few counts here:

-Highest # of 80M contacts from the low wire in the yard
-Highest total contacts for SS CW ever (previous was 571Q)
-First ever time above 100k (previous was 92,502)

Missed VI for the sweep :(

The first night made the contest, Sunday was just a slow slog to get to my goal
of 600q/100k points. Off times were a bit messed up, I stayed up til 3AM (2AM
with time change) and then missed the morning, but Sunday AM was productive to
get missing west coast sections and VY1 along with a few others.

My trusty Yamaha CM-500 headphones finally failed after ~4 years of nearly
everyday use, but I had a backup of the Heil Pro Set Elite. The Heils didn't
cancel out the noise generated from the Expert 1K enough, so I guess a purchase
of the new INRAD headset is now pushed up to ... now. Other than that,
everything else worked perfectly.

Thanks for all the SMC Q's and spotting. Lots of SMC activity in this one! Let's
hope we can keep this going for SS SSB. Lots of check 49's in honor of W0AIH..
Awesome!

73,
WT2P